COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. – Boise State junior Paige Bartsch has been named the Mountain West Offensive Player of the Week, while Wyoming sophomore Sarah Holcomb has been tabbed the MW Defensive Player of the Week. Utah State rookie Kambree Rodriguez has been selected as the MW Freshman of the Week.
OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
PAIGE BARTSCH, BOISE STATE
Junior, Outside Hitter/ Opposite, Helena, Montana/ Capital HS
- Led the Rebels to a 2-0 week with wins over Nevada (3-0) and Fresno State (3-1).
- Averaged 5.43 kills per set, logged 38 kills, two assists and two service aces.
- In the 3-0 victory over the Wolf Pack, the junior tallied 17 kills on a .438 hitting percentage. Also recorded one assist and one service ace.
- In the four-set battle with the Bulldogs, logged 21 kills, one assist and one service ace, helping the Broncos clinch a MW tournament berth.
- Additionally, contributed a total of 22 digs, five blocks and 47 receptions on the week.
DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
SARAH HOLCOMB, WYOMING
Sophomore, Middle Blocker, Murphy, Texas/ Plano East
- Helped the Cowgirls to a 2-0 week to finish out their 2023 season with wins over Air Force (3-1) and New Mexico (3-0).
- Logged a total of 16 blocks, an average of 2.29 blocks per set, contributing to the Brown and Gold holding its opponents to a 1.52 team hitting percentage.
- Against the Falcons, logged seven blocks and two digs in the four-set win.
- Against the Lobos, tallied nine blocks, tying a career high.
- Offensively, tallied 16 kills across the two matches.
FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK
KAMBREE RODRIGUEZ, UTAH STATE
Libero, Syracuse, Utah/ Syracuse HS
- Assisted the Aggies to a 2-0 week with wins over Fresno State (3-1) and Nevada (3-0).
- Averaged 3.43 digs per set, logged a perfect serve receive percentage on 55 attempts, 24 digs, nine assists and three service aces.
- Against the Bulldogs, recorded 15 digs, six assists, one service ace and a perfect serve receive percentage on 41 attempts.
- Against Wolf Pack, registered nine digs, three assists, two service aces and another perfect serve receive percentage on 14 attempts.