- MW SAAC Handbook
- MW Sportsmanship Initiative
- MW Code of Conduct for Student-Athletes
- 2022-23 MW SAAC Community Service Award
- Exercise Your Voting Rights
- Mountain West SAAC on Facebook
- @MW_SAAC on Twitter
“The mission of the Mountain West Student-Athlete Advisory Committee is to enhance the quality of life for student-athletes and to promote a positive student-athlete image both on and off campus.”
The Committee will accomplish its mission by:
- Providing a forum for student-athlete issues.
- Providing student-athletes a voice within the Mountain West Conference structure.
- Acting as a liaison between the various Conference committees, institutional student-athlete advisory committees and the NCAA Division I Student-Athlete Advisory Committee.
- Developing student-athletes into leaders beyond the athletic realm.
About the MW SAAC
In 1998, NCAA Proposal No. 1998-99 mandated that Division I conferences have student-athlete advisory committees. The Mountain West Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) completed its inaugural year in the spring of 2000. Now in its 18th year of existence, the MW SAAC consists of 25 members, 22 student-athlete representatives (two from each institution), the MW representative to the Division I National SAAC and two faculty athletics representatives. The Committee discusses student-athlete welfare issues, and provides input to Conference and campus administrators. The MW SAAC also reviews Conference and NCAA legislation, provides feedback to various league and institutional committees, and reviews issues referred to it from other administrative committees. Last, the Committee promotes a positive student-athlete image.
- MW Joint Council Representative: Paul Mitchell, FAR, Nevada
- MW Joint Council Representative: Brackley Frayer, FAR, UNLV
- MW SAAC Liaison: Akanni Turner, Assistant Commissioner, Compliance
- MW SAAC Liaison: Shelby Sonnefeldt, Assistant Director, Compliance
- SAAC Executive Committee:
- MW SAAC Chair: Briona Carswell, Senior, Gymnastics, Air Force
- MW SAAC Vice-Chair: Kyle Elias, Sophomore, Men’s Cross Country, Nevada
- NCAA Division I SAAC Representative: Kaiya Johnson, Junior, Women’s Track & Field, San José State
NCAA and Institutional SAAC
The Mountain West Student-Athlete Advisory Committee also is responsible for communicating with the 11 league campus committees and the NCAA Division I Student-Athlete Advisory Committee. This ensures that student-athlete issues are addressed at all levels.