COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. – San José State senior running back Kairee Robinson has been named the Mountain West Offensive Player of the Week, while Hawai‘i sophomore defensive back Peter Manuma has been tabbed MW Defensive Player of the Week. UNLV senior placekicker Jose Pizano earned MW Special Teams Player of the Week honors and Rebel quarterback Jayden Maiava was selected as the MW Freshman of the Week.
The weekly honor is the fourth of Maiava’s career, third of Pizano’s, second of Robinson’s and the first for Manuma.
OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
KAIREE ROBINSON, SAN JOSÉ STATE
Senior, Running Back, Antioch, Calif. / De La Salle
- Had 19 carries for a career-high 200 yards and two touchdowns in San José State’s 42-18 win over No. 25 Fresno State.
- Averaged 10.5 yards per carry in turning in his fourth 100-yard rushing game in a row and fifth of the season and the first 200-yard rushing game for the Spartans since 2015.
- Has scored in an SJSU-record nine straight games.
- Notched his 14th rushing TD of the season in the first quarter and added his 15th in the fourth quarter, matching the Spartans’ single-season record.
- Has 17 total touchdowns this year and 33 for his career, just two back of the school records in both categories.
DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
PETER MANUMA, HAWAI‘I
Sophomore, Defensive Back, ‘Ewa Beach, O‘ahu / Campbell HS
- Had a career-high 12 tackles, including seven solo stops, in Hawai‘i’s 27-13 win over league-leading Air Force.
- Added a fourth-quarter interception and returned it 20 yards.
- Has a team-leading three interceptions on the season, including one in each of the last two contests.
- Helped hold Air Force, which entered the game leading the FBS in rushing, to just 201 yards on the ground, more than 80 yards below its seasonal average.
- Also helped hold Air Force to just 13 points, a season low for a Hawai‘i opponent.
SPECIAL TEAMS PLAYER OF THE WEEK
JOSE PIZANO, UNLV
Senior, Placekicker, Lehi, Utah / Lehi HS / Missouri State
- Accounted for 10 points in UNLV’s 34-14 win over Wyoming.
- Hit both of his field-goal attempts on the evening and was 4-for-4 on point-after attempts.
- Converted field goals from 39 yards and 43 yards, both in the fourth quarter.
- His 21 field goals this season match the UNLV single-season record.
- Ranks second in the FBS with 2.10 field goals per game and 104 total points scored.
FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK
JAYDEN MAIAVA, UNLV
Redshirt Freshman, Quarterback, Las Vegas, Nev. / Liberty HS
- Went 17-for-24 for 232 yards and a touchdown through the air and ran for 40 yards and two TDs in UNLV’s 34-14 win over Wyoming.
- Led UNLV in passing and rushing in improving to 6-1 as a starter.
- Had two rushing TDs in the first quarter to stake the Rebels to a 14-0 lead before adding a 5-yard touchdown pass in the third.
- Went 7-for-9 for 79 yards on third down.
- Completed 70.8 percent of his passes on the day to increase his season percentage to 65.5, the second-best mark by an FBS freshman.