COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. – Air Force senior quarterback Zac Larrier has been tabbed the Mountain West Offensive Player of the Week, while Wyoming junior safety Wyett Ekeler has been named MW Defensive Player of the Week. Utah State sophomore safety Ike Larsen earned MW Special Teams Player of the Week honors and Colorado State quarterback Brayden Fowler-Nicolosi was selected as the MW Freshman of the Week.
The weekly honor is the third of Larsen’s career and the first in the careers of Larrier, Ekeler and Fowler-Nicolosi.
OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
ZAC LARRIER, AIR FORCE
Senior, Quarterback, Youngstown, Ohio / Monterey Trail HS
- Rushed for a career-high 103 yards on just eight carries, averaging 12.9 yards per run, for the first 100-yard game of his career in a 49-10 win over San Diego State.
- Turned in the two longest runs of his career, a 41-yard run and a 34-yard scamper.
- Posted career-highs in every passing category, completing 6-of-7 passes for 189 yards and two touchdowns, with five of his six completions going for first downs or touchdowns.
- His career-high 292 yards of total offense were the most for a Falcon since 2019.
- Fashioned a 406.8 passing efficiency rating on the day.
DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
WYETT EKELER, WYOMING
Junior, Safety, Windsor, Colo. / Windsor HS
- Helped the Cowboys to a 35-26 win over New Mexico by recording four tackles, including the first two sacks of his career, as well as forcing and recovering a fumble.
- With the Lobos at the Wyoming 26-yard line late in the first half, Ekeler snuffed out a scoring chance by sacking UNM’s quarterback, jarring the ball loose, recovering it and returning it 8 yards with 16 seconds left in the half.
- Also had a 9-yard sack on third-and-eight to force a New Mexico punt in the first quarter.
- Added a pass-breakup on a third-and-15 play in the third quarter.
SPECIAL TEAMS PLAYER OF THE WEEK
IKE LARSEN, UTAH STATE
Sophomore, Safety, Smithfield, Utah / Sky View HS
- Sealed Utah State’s 34-33 win at UConn by blocking the Huskies’ point-after attempt that would have tied the contest with 40 seconds left.
- Also added six tackles in the contest, five of which were solo stops, and a pass-breakup.
- The block was Larsen’s second of the season, as he also had one against No. 25 Iowa in the season-opener.
FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK
BRAYDEN FOWLER-NICOLOSI, COLORADO STATE
Redshirt Freshman, Quarterback, Aledo, Texas / Aledo HS
- Went 26-for-32 for a career-best 462 yards and four touchdowns in CSU’s 41-20 win over Utah Tech, completing his first eight passes and not recording consecutive incompletions in the contest.
- His 462 passing yards were the third-most in a game in Colorado State history and a freshman program record.
- Had six carries for 27 yards and his first career rushing touchdown as he accounted for five scores on the day.
- Leads the Mountain West in total offense (345.25 ypg) by more than 70 yards per game over Mikey Keene of Fresno State (274.20 ypg).