COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. – UNLV senior Isabel Martin has been named the Mountain West Volleyball Offensive Player of the Week. Boise State sophomore Breanna Mitchell has been tabbed the Defensive Player of the Week, while UNLV’s Caleigh Kinggarners Freshman of the Week honors.
OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
ISABEL MARTIN, UNLV
Senior, Outside Hitter, Mauerstetten, Bavaria, Germany / Hillsborough CC
- Led UNLV to a 4-0 week and earned MVP honors at the Rebel Challenge after leading the team to a 3-0 record in the home-opening tournament.
- Registered 4.2 kills per set and a .459 hitting percentage with 46 kills and only seven errors.
- Recorded a match-high 14 kills in the home opener against Southern Utah (3-0), while also posting a .909 service percentage, six digs, two blocks and 14 points.
- Tallied a match-high 17 kills against Coppin State (3-0), hitting .500. Also contributed six digs and a total of 18 points.
- Posted 11 kills, hitting .391, with only two errors. Also recorded five digs and two blocks, totaling 13 points for the Rebels.
- In the single set played against Lamar (3-0), contributed four kills, hitting .571, one service ace and two digs.
DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
BREANNA MITCHELL, BOISE STATE
Sophomore, Libero, Temecula, California / Linfield Christian HS
- Defensively, led the Broncos to a 2-1 weekend with wins over South Dakota State (3-0) and Montana (3-1.)
- Averaged 17.3 digs per match and 5.2 per set.
- Posted a .917 serve receive percentage on 48 dig attempts, while only committing four errors.
- Led the team in digs during all three contests.
- In the loss to LMU, logged 12 digs.
- Against South Dakota State, recorded 19 digs and was perfect in serve receive with 14 attempts.
- Tallied 21 digs in the four-set win over Montana with a serve receive percentage of .947 on 19 attempts and only one error.
- The sophomore also posted 17 assists and one service ace on the week.
FRESHMAN PLAYER OF THE WEEK
CALEIGH KING, UNLV
Freshman, Libero, Southlake, Texas / Southlake Carroll HS
- Helped UNLV to a 4-0 week and the Rebel Challenge title after posting a 3-0 record in its home tournament.
- Logged a team-high? 3.0 digs per set, five service aces and had a serve percentage of .822 on the week. Also recorded 49 receptions with only four errors and a .918 receiving percentage
- Against Southern Utah (3-0), posted a serve percentage of .900 on 10 serves with one ace and one error. Additionally had a match-high-tying nine digs, 14 receptions with only one error for a receiving mark of 9.29.
- In the tournament’s opening match against Coppin State (3-0), tallied a match-high 15 digs with a .929 reception percentage, including 14 receptions and one error.
- In the 3-1 win over Portland State, posted a match-high eight digs, 17 service attempts with one ace and one error for a mark of .941. Logged a .905 reception percentage on 21 receptions and two errors.
- Against Lamar (3-0) in the tournament finale, the freshman only played a portion of one set, logging four assists, one service ace and one dig.