COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. – UNLV senior Isabel Martin has been named the Mountain West Offensive Player of the Week, while Utah State graduate Shelby Capllonch has been tabbed the MW Defensive Player of the Week. Air Force rookie Annamaria Ramos has been selected as the MW Freshman of the Week.
OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
ISABEL MARTIN, UNLV
Senior, Outside Hitter, Mauerstetten, Bavaria, Germany/Hillsborough Community College
- Led the Rebels to a 2-0 week with wins over Colorado State (3-2) and Wyoming (3-0).
- Averaged 6.0 kills per set over the weekend, totaling 48 kills and a .390 hitting percentage. Also contributed three service aces and an assist for the Scarlet and Gray.
- In the five-set victory over the Rams, tied UNLV’s single-game record with 34 kills, two service aces and one assist.
- In the three-set sweep over the Cowgirls, posted 14 kills on a .464 hitting percentage and logged a single service ace.
DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
SHELBY CAPLLONCH, UTAH STATE
Graduate, Outside Hitter, Honolulu, Hawai’i / UNLV
- Helped the Aggies to a 2-0 week with victories over Boise State (3-1) and San José State (3-0).
- Average 2.86 digs per set on a total of 20 digs and had a perfect serve receive percentage on 29 attempts.
- Against the Broncos, logged nine digs and 19 service receptions. Also contributed 15 kills, one kill and one service ace for the Aggies.
- Against the Spartans, recorded 11 digs and 10 service receptions. Additionally, contributed nine kills and two service aces.
FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK
ANNAMARIA RAMOS, AIR FORCE
Outside Hitter, Henderson, Nevada / Basic Academy of International Studies
- Helped the Falcons to a 2-0 week sweeping Nevada (3-0) and Fresno State (3-0) in straight sets.
- Averaged 3.17 kills per set with a total of 19 kills on the week and a .326 hitting percentage. Also averaged 2.0 digs per set and 0.67 blocks per set.
- Against the Wolf Pack, tallied 11 kills, nine digs, two assists and one block.
- Against the Bulldogs, posted eight kills, three digs, three blocks and one assist.