COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. – Utah State junior Adna Mehmedovic has been named the Mountain West Offensive Player of the Week, while UNLV senior Jordyn Freeman has been tabbed the MW Defensive Player of the Week honors. Utah State rookie Kambree Rodriguez has been selected as the MW Freshman of the Week.
OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
ADNA MEHMEDOVIC, UTAH STATE
Junior, Outside Hitter , Peoria, Arizona / Sunrise Mountain HS
- Led the Aggies to a 2-0 week on the road with wins over Colorado State (3-2) and Wyoming (3-1).
- Averaged a .444 hitting percentage on 28 kills across nine sets of play on the week.
- In the five-set win over the Rams, the junior tallied 14 kills and hit .500 with one assist. Also contributed five blocks and two digs.
- Against the Cowgirls, logged an additional 14 kills on a .400 hitting percentage. Also recorded five digs and four blocks for the Aggies.
DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
JORDYN FREEMAN, UNLV
Senior, Middle Blocker, San Diego, California / Rancho Bernardo
- Helped the Rebels to two road wins over Air Force (3-1) and New Mexico (3-1).
- Across the eight sets of play, the senior recorded 18 blocks to defend the net.
- Against the Falcons, recorded a season-high eight blocks and held Air Force to a .155 hitting percentage, while also contributing 11 kills, offensively.
- Against the Lobos, tied her career-high mark with 10 total blocks and held New Mexico to a .104 hitting percentage. Also registered 11 kills for the Rebels, logging a double-double.
FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK
KAMBREE RODRIGUEZ, UTAH STATE
Libero, Syracuse, Utah / Syracuse HS
- Helped the Aggies to a 2-0 mark on the road with victories over Colorado State (3-2) and Wyoming (3-1).
- Averaged 2.11 digs per set on 19 total digs with a .981 reception percentage.
- In the five-set battle against the Rams, tallied 11 digs and a perfect reception percentage. Also contributed six assists and one service ace.
- In the four-set victory over the Cowgirls, logged eight digs, three assists and two service aces for the Aggies.