COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. – Boise State junior Paige Bartsch has been tabbed the Mountain West Volleyball Offensive Player of the Week. New Mexico’s Angela Crosetti garners Defensive Player of the Week honors, while Nevada’s Tehya Maeva is named the Freshman of the week.
OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
PAIGE BARTSCH, BOISE STATE
Junior, Opposite, Helena, Montana / Capital HS
- Led the Broncos to a pair of 3-0 wins versus instate-rival Idaho State.
- For the week, tallied 45 kills on a .422 hitting percentage and had 50 points.
- Also recorded four service aces.
- While at home against the Bengals, tallied 21 kills, hitting .543 with two service aces and three blocks for a total of 24.5 points.
- On the road against Idaho State, had a team high of 24 kills while hitting .333 percent, scoring the final two points for Boise State in the third set to clinch the 3-0 victory.
DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
ANGELA CROSETTI, NEW MEXICO
Graduate, Libero, Sherman Oaks, California / St. John’s
- Helped the Lobos hold opponents to a .182 hitting percentage on the weekend.
- Logged 68 digs, 5.67 per set, leading the Conference.
- Did not have a receiving error in 12 sets played.
- Produced 15 assists for New Mexico.
FRESHMAN PLAYER OF THE WEEK
TEHYA MAEVA, NEVADA
Freshman, Setter, San Diego, California / Cathedral Catholic High School
- On the weekend, totaled 100 assists, 39 digs, one solo block, six block assists, two service aces, and five kills.
- Came off the bench against Sacramento State, logging 19 assists, nine digs, and three total blocks.
- Registered 51 assists, 16 digs, two service aces, and three total blocks in a 3-2 win over Iowa.
- Posted a critical attack in the fourth set against Iowa to give the Wolfpack a four-point lead, followed by a block assist to give Nevada set-point.